Complete Name: Rodrigo Roa Duterte
Nicknames: Rody, Digong
Birthdate: March 28, 1945
Birthplace: Maasin, Southern Leyte
Residence: Davao Philippines
Father's name: Former Governor in Davao Vicente G. Duterte
Mother's name: Soledad "Soleng" Roa (school teacher and civic leader) (died age 95; Feb 4, 2012)
Siblings: Blue Boy Duterte, Jocelyn Duterte, Benjamin "Bong" Duterte
Elementary school: Sta. Ana Elementary School Davao City Philippines (graduated 1956)
College School: Lyceum of the Philippines University in Manila (graduated 1968) and Law Degree at San Beda College Manila (graduated and passed the bar exam 1972)
Spouse (separated/annulled): Elizabeth Abellana Zimmerman (Flight Stewardess; German-American descent)
Domestic Partner: Honeylet Avancena (Nurse)
Children: Paolo Z. Duterte ("Pulong"), Sara Z. Duterte - Carpio ("Inday SAra"), Sebastian Z. Duterte("Baste"), Veronica A. Duterte ("Kitty")
National Political Party: PDP - Laban
Local Political Party: Hugpong sa Tawong Lungsod
1. Rodrigo Duterte was expelled from Ateneo de Davao for misconduct which made him finished his high school for 7 years. He was sent to a distant school in Digos City by his father wherein Rodrigo Duterte was able to finally finish his high school years.
2. Rodrigo Duterte has been a mayor in Davao for 7 terms (1988 - 1998; 2001 - 2010; 2013 to present - equivalent to 22 years).
3. Avid fan of big bikes and Rodrigo Duterte once owned a second hand Harley Davidson and a Yamaha Virago.
4. Habitual smoker but quitted already due to health conditions.
5. Rodrigo Duterte supports the LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) rights.
6. Avid reader of the novels of Robert Ludlum and Sydney Sheldon.
7. Duterte became Special Counsel at the City Prosecution Office in Davao City (1977-1979); Fourth Assistant City Prosecutor (1979-1981); Third Assistant City Prosecutor (1981-1983); Second Assistant City Prosecutor (1983-1986)
Approved and amended ordinances
1. Through the support of Duterte, the City Council amended the ordinance no. 1627, Series of 1994, which imposed a prohibition on selling, serving, drinking and consumption of liquors and alcoholic beverages from 1:00 am until 8:00 am.
2. Executive Order no. 39 was signed by Duterte, setting the speed limits for all kinds of motor vehicles within the territorial jurisdiction of Davao City in the interest of public safety and order.
3. Duterte also signed Executive Order no. 04, Series of 2013 to impose an order creating the implementing of rules and regulations for the new comprehensive anti-smoking ordinance no. 0367-12, Series of 2012.
4. Davao City's Firecracker Ban was also implemented with ordinance no. 060-02/1406-02, Series of 2002 by the City Council through the support of Duterte.
5. Other known accomplishment was that the City Government of Davao was able to acquire 10 more ambulances for central 911 intended for medical emergencies and 42 new mobile patrol vehicles and motorcycles for the Davao City Police Office (the first and only 9-1-1 emergency telephone number in Asia).
6. Duterte, through E.O no. 24, ordered all shopping malls and commercial centers to install, operate and maintain high end and high definition closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras in all entrance and exit points of their premises.