Memorandum Circular No. AVT-2015-1927
NO REGISTRATION — NO TRAVEL
Starting 01 April 2015, no four (4)-wheeled motor vehicle can be used, driven or operated on the roads without being duly registered with the Land Transportation Office (LTO) pursuant to R.A. 4136, Joint Administrative Order No. 2014-01 and other applicable rules and regulations.
1. Any vehicle without license plates shall be stopped and the driver must present the Certificate of Registration (CR) and Official Receipt (OR) of the vehicle;
2. If only CR/OR are presented, a fine of Php 5,000.00 shall be imposed for failure to attach the plates;
3. In case Special Plates were applied for, the driver must present the OR for the payment;
4. If without CR/OR, the driver must present the following:
a. Certificate of Stock Reported;
b. Sales Invoice, which must be dated within seven (7) days prior to the apprehension; and
c. Certificate of Insurance Cover, which must be dated on or after the date of the Sales Invoice.
5. In the absence of any of the above, the vehicle owner shall be fined the amount of Php 10,000.00 for using an unregistered vehicle and the driver shall be fined the amount of Php 1,000.00 and cited for
6. Further, if at the time of apprehension the date of the Sales Invoice exceeds thirty-seven (37) days from the date of purchase, the vehicle shall be impounded;
7. This is without prejudice to the liability of the concerned manufacturer, assembler, importer and dealer; and
8. All apprehensions may be contested within five (5) days therefrom.
For strict compliance.