Filipino Afritadang Manok Recipe
filipino recipe | chicken
| dessert & salad | merienda
(snacks) | pork & beef
| seafoods | soup
& sauce | vegetable,
rice, noodle | filipino
delicacy | filipino drinks
| regional specialty
| cooking tips | glossary
| weights and measurement
| substitutions | where
FIlipino Chicken Stew
4 to 6 servings
* 1 kilo chicken (cut into
* ½ kilo potatoes (peeled and quartered)
* 1 small head of garlic (minced)
* 1 big onion (diced)
* 1 red bell pepper (quartered)
* 1 green bell pepper (quartered)
* 2 cups stock
* 1 cup tomato sauce
* ½ cup breadcrumbs
* Pinch of salt & pepper
1. In a casserole, brown
chicken on both sides and set aside.
2. Sauté garlic and onion.
3. Pour in the stock and tomato sauce.
4. Bring to a boil and add in the chicken.
5. Allow simmering until chicken is cooked.
6. Add in potatoes and allow cooking.
7. Add in bell pepper and season with salt & pepper.
8. Add in breadcrumbs and thicken sauce.
9. Serve hot.