7 each egg whites
¾ teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup sugar
1 cup cashew, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
2. Beat together egg whites, cream of tartar, and sugar until stiff but not dry. Fold in nuts.
4. Divide mixture into four 9” x 1/2”-round pans lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for one hour or until golden.
6. Transfer on wire racks. Cool in the pans for 5 minutes. Invert then carefully remove the parchment paper. Completely cool on wire racks.
¾ cup sugar
½ cup water
9 each egg yolks
¾ cup butter
¾ cup margarine
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups cashew for decoration
1. Boil together sugar and water until threadlike at 220°F.
2. Beat egg yolks at speed 6 until thick and fluffy.
3. Continue cooking the syrup until 240°F. Pour hot syrup into egg yolks in a stream. Beat until cold.
4. In another bowl, beat the butter compound until light. Add egg yolk mixture then vanilla. Beat until creamy.
5. Use this to fill the meringue layers. Decorate top and sides with more buttercream.
6. Sprinkle with cashew nuts all over. Freeze.