Filipino Baked Fish Recipe
filipino recipe | chicken
| dessert & salad | merienda
(snacks) | pork & beef
| seafoods | soup
& sauce | vegetable,
rice, noodle | filipino
delicacy | filipino drinks
| regional specialty
| cooking tips | glossary
| weights and measurement
| substitutions | where
• 6 to 8 fillets of lapu-lapu (red snapper or grouper may be substituted)
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley
• 1 whole onion, finely minced
• 1/2 cup pimento cut into strips
• 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
• 1-1/2 cups fresh chopped tomatoes, with skin and seeds
• salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Season the fillets with lemon juice, salt and pepper and place in a shallow glass pan. Set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet. Stir fry onions, tomatoes and pimento until a sauce-like consistency is obtained.
3. Transfer the sauce on the fish. Sprinkle the fish with parsley and bread crumbs. Bake at 350 F. for 25 minutes. Serve hot. Serves 4.