Filipino Sinigang na Bangus Recipe filipino recipe | chicken | dessert & salad | merienda (snacks) | pork & beef | seafoods | soup & sauce | vegetable, rice, noodle | filipino delicacy | filipino drinks | regional specialty | cooking tips | glossary | weights and measurement | substitutions | where to buy
- 1 piece large bangus, cleaned and sliced into serving pieces
- 2 pieces tomatoes, quartered
- 2 medium eggplants, cut into serving pieces
- 5 pieces string beans, cut into serving pieces
- 2 cups kangkong leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small ginger, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 5 cups water
- 1 small pack tamarind powder
1. Bring water to a boil together with the ginger in a casserole.
2. Add the bangus, tomatoes, and onion and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the tamarind powder and salt to taste.
4. Add the eggplant and string beans and simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, add the kangkong leaves, and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
6. Serve hot.