Sweet and Sour Fish
1 whole Carp
1 c White Vinegar
1 c Water
1/2 c Sugar
4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 c Bean curd, diced
6 tbsp garlic, minced
1 c Onion, chopped
1/4 c Ginger, sliced into strips
1 tbsp Flour stirred into
2 tbsp water
1 c Mushrooms, sliced
1 c Bell pepper, sliced into strips
1/2 c Carrots, sliced
escabeche.jpg (43004 bytes)
1. Season fish with salt inside and out. Set aside.
2. Mix vinegar, water, sugar, and a
pinch of salt. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil. Fry bean curd
until golden brown. Set aside.
4. Fry the fish 5 minutes each side or until
just cooked through. Set aside.
5. In the same skillet, saute garlic until light brown.
Then add the onion, and saute until transparent.
6. Add ginger and vinegar mixture. When the mixture
boils, add in flour to thicken.
Simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Add fried fish, bean
curd, bell pepper, and
carrot slices. Simmer for another
5 minutes. Serve hot.
Philippine Country Links