• 2 pounds sea bass or bluefish (shelled shrimps, fresh croaker, whitefish or squid may be substituted), cut into fillets
• 8 cups water
• 2 cups diced ripe tomatoes
• 1/2 cup lemon juice
• 2 cups radishes, left whole
• 1-1/2 pounds watercress or spinach
• 1 cup chopped onion
• patis or salt and pepper to taste
• 3 long, fresh hot green peppers
1. Bring to a boil water, lemon juice, onion and tomatoes in a saucepan.
2. Boil for 15 minutes. Add radishes and fish and bring to a boil.
3. Boil till radishes are tender yet crisp. Add the hot peppers and watercress or spinach.
4. Add patis or salt and pepper to taste. Serves 4 to 6.