• 6 crabs, boiled in 2 quarts of water and 2 cups of white vingar until their shells turn red
• 1 cup fresh chopped tomatoes
• 1 cup diced potates
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 1/2 cup bread crumbs
• 1/2 cup minced onion
• 3 tablespoons vegetable or corn oil
• salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Remove crabmeat from shells. Flake evenly. Set aside.
2. Fry potatoes in oil in a medium skillet. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Stir fry onion and tomatoes fro 2 minutes. Add crabmeat and potatoes.
4. Flavor with salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. Wash the crab shells. Moisten with beaten eggs and fill with the mixture.
6. Pack each shell firmly. Dust the top of stuffing with bread crumbs and dip in beaten eggs. Fry bottom side down in hot oil.
7. Seam top with hot fat until top puffs up and turns golden brown. Drain and serve hot. Serves 6.