• 2 lbs skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 4 cups water
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 cup whipping cream
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 3 medium potato, peeled and diced
• 2 medium onion, chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• minced dill weed (optional)
1. Heat water, potatoes, onions, salt, pepper and bay leaf to boiling in oven and then reduce heat.
2. Cover and boil until potatoes are almost tender, about 10 minutes
3. Stir in salmon. Cover and simmer until fish flakes easily with fork, about 5 minutes longer.
4. Remove bay leaf.
5. Blend 1/2 cup of the soup liquid into whipping cream. Gently stir cream mixture into the soup; heat through. Sprinkle with dill weed.
6. Note: Maybe using 15 oz canned salmon, deboned and skinned, could be a substitute if fresh salmon is unavailable to you or cost prohibitive.