• 6 tomatoes peeled, seeded, and diced
• 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon tomato paste
• 1cup chopped onion
• 4 garlic cloves minced
• Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
• Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in skillet over high heat. Add garlic and cook until lightly browned.
2. Add onion and reduce heat. Cook over medium-high heat until onion is translucent, 5 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and tomato paste and cook until tomatoes release juices and soften, 5 minutes.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Yields: 4 servings.