•1/2 kilo rice stick noodles (bihon)
•1 medium sized chicken breast, boiled & shredded
•1/4 kilo pork pigue or kasim, diced
•3 cloves garlic, minced
•1 large onion, minced
•1 small cabbage, shredded
•2 cups chicken broth
•1 medium carrot, julienned
•1 celery stalk, sliced thinly
•4 tablespoon cooking oil
•1/2 cup soy sauce
•1 cup uncooked shrimps, shelled and de-veined (optional)
•Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the rice stick noodles in a clean basin and immerse in water to soften.
2. Heat the oil and stir fry the garlic and onion until soft in a large frying pan.
3. Add the pork and stir fry for about 3 minutes or until cooked.
4. Add the chicken, shrimps and vegetables and continue stir frying until the shrimps turn pink and the vegetables are half cooked.
5. Add 1 cup of the chicken broth and soy sauce and boil for about 1 minute.
6. Remove half of the ingredients from the pan and set aside as topping for the noodles later.
7. Remove the noodles from the soaking water and add to the ingredients remaining in the pan.
8. Mix constantly until the noodles are cooked and dried.
9. If it becomes dry before the noodles are cooked, you can add the remaining broth as needed.
10. Flavor with salt and pepper to taste.
11. Arrange the cooked noodles in a big serving dish and put the topping.
12. Serve with slices of calamansi.
Philippine Country Links