• 4 bunches kangkong leaves, cleaned
• 3 cups corn starch
• 5 cups cooking oil
• salt and monosodium glutamate ( MSG) to taste (vetsin)
• 1-1/2 cup water
• 1 cup flour
• 1 pc boiled egg, grated medium
1. Clean kangkong and draw off leaves thoroughly.
2. Remove leaves from stem. Set aside.
3. Combine cornstarch, flour, egg, MSG, salt and water ( batter mixture ) in a clean mixing bowl.
Mix until smooth in consistency.
4. Heat oil to 250°F and reduce fire to medium. Dip kangkong leaves one by one in batter and deep fry until crispy.
5. Put fried leaves in a plate lined with table tissue to drain oil from kangkong leaves.
Serve with sauce on the side.
Philippine Country Links