• 1 big bowl of kangkong (river spinach)
• 1/4 kilo of pork, cut into small pieces
• 5 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 cup pork stock (broth) or bouillon pork cube dissolved in water
• 1/4 cup of vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon of monosodium glutamate (MSG)
• 1 onion, diced
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 2 laurel leaves (bay leaves)
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Estimated cooking time: 25 minutes
2. Stir fry garlic and onions in a big pan then add the pork. Let the pork to brown and oil for a few minutes.
3. Add a cup of pork stock or bouillon cube dissolved in water or plain water, laurel leaves, soy sauce, some salt and bring to a boil.
4. Let boil then add the vinegar. Do not stir for 5 minutes.
5. Add the kangkong stalks first and cook for 1 minute then add the kangkong leaves. Continue cooking until the vegetable is done.
6. Serve hot with rice.
7. Instead of kangkong, this recipe can be used to cook other vegetables like eggplant, spinach, cabbage, string beans or any other vegetable.