* 25 pieces dried taro root (dahon ng gabi)
* ½ kilo pork (cut into small cubes)
* 3 cups grated coconut
* 2 cups water
* 1 big head of garlic (minced)
* 2 small onions (minced)
* 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
* ½ cup small dried shrimps (soaked)
* 6 pieces hot chili pepper (minced)
* ½ cup alamang
* 3 tablespoons oil
1. Wash dried taro root and separate leaves from stalks.
2. Discard the prickly part of the stalk.
3. Cut into 1 "
4. Extract the cream from the grated coconut.
5. In a pan, sauté garlic, onion, ginger, pork meat and stir.
6. Add in dried shrimp, hot chili pepper, alamang, and the stalks.
7. Cook until stalks are tender.
8. Stuff Taro root leaf with 2 tablespoons of mixture. Wrap well.
9. Arrange stuffed leaves in a casserole and pour in coconut cream.
10. Cook until coconut cream excretes its oil and stuffed leaves are cooked well.
11. Serve hot.
Philippine Country Links