Filipino Pinakbet Recipe filipino recipe | chicken | dessert & salad | merienda (snacks) | pork & beef | seafoods | soup & sauce | vegetable, rice, noodle | filipino delicacy | filipino drinks | regional specialty | cooking tips | glossary | weights and measurement | substitutions | where to buy
- 1/4 kilo pork belly, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 medium ampalaya, cut into serving pieces
- 1/4 medium squash, cut into serving pieces
- 6 pieces okra, halved
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 big onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 medium eggplants, cut into serving pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small ginger, julienned
- 4 tablespoons sautéed shrimp bagoong
- 1/2 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- 5 pieces string beans, cut into serving pieces
- 6 pieces tomatoes, sliced
1. Stir fry the pork in oil until lightly browned set aside in a skillet.
2. Stir fry ginger, garlic, onion, and tomatoes in the skillet and mix in the pork.
3. Add the water and shrimp bagoong and let boil.
4. Add the ampalaya, eggplant, okra, squash, and string beans and boil until cooked.
5. Flavor with pepper and MSG to taste.