Filipino Peanut and Eggplant Scallop Recipe
filipino recipe | chicken
| dessert & salad | merienda
(snacks) | pork & beef
| seafoods | soup
& sauce | vegetable,
rice, noodle | filipino
delicacy | filipino drinks
| regional specialty
| cooking tips | glossary
| weights and measurement
| substitutions | where
- 3-4 small eggplants
- l/2 cup finely chopped salted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/4 cup dry crumbs mixed with
- 1 tablespoon melted margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- l/2 cup soft crumbs
- 3/4 cup condensed tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped fine
- Peel eggplants and cut in cubes.
- Cook in boiling salted water until tender. Drain.
- Add all ingredients except buttered crumbs and cheese.
- Place in oiled baking dish. Sprinkle with crumbs and bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese on top and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Yield: 5 servings.