PHILIPPINE HISTORICAL SITES
CAFE BOJEADOR LIGHTHOUSE, Burgos
- Built in 1892, the Lighthouse is still in use today. (B)
MALACANANG OF THE NORTH, Paoay
- Built as the official residence of President Marcos in Ilocos Norte, overlooking legendary Paoay Lake. This imposing structure is now a museum. (E)
MARCOS MUSEUM AND MAUSOLEUM, Batac
- Located in his home town of Batac, the museum showcases the memorabilia of President Marcos. His embalmed body is displayed next door. (E)
TOBACCO MONOPOLY MONUMENT, Laoag
- A memorial to the lifting of the Tobacco Monopoly in 1881 by the King of Spain. (B)
ANCESTRAL HOUSES, Kamestizoan District of Vigan
- The houses feature ancient tile roofs massive hardwood floorings, balustrades and azoteas in varying Spanish- Mexican- Chinese architectural styles. (B)
BESSANG PASS, Cervantes
- A monument commemorating General Yamashita's last ditch defense, a battle won by Philippine Forces, June 14, 1945. (D)
CRISOLOGO MUSEUM, Vigan
- The museum houses the memorabilia of the Crisologos, one of Vigan's leading families and original furnishings of a typical Vigan ancestral house. (B)
MAGSINGAL MUSEUM, Vigan
- A repository of Ilocano heritage, featuring collections of pottery, porcelain and artifacts. (A)
NATIONAL MUSEUM, Vigan
- The Burgos residence in began, houses the memorabilia of the martyr priest, Jose Burgos, Ilocano artifacts and ethnic arts of the Tingguiano. (C)
NORTHERN LUZON HEROES HILL NATIONAL PARK, Santa
- A historical marker in honor of Gabriela Silang, who continued the struggle for the country's freedom from the Spaniards. Started when her husband Diego Silang was slain. (B)
SAN ESTEBAN AND SULVEC BALUARTES WATCHTOWERS
- These rotund structures were built as lookout points for impending pirate attacks. (B)
TIRAD PASS, Gregorio del pilar
- Declared as a national shrine, the pass was the site of the last stand of theFilipino Revolutionary Forces led by Generals EmilioAguinaldo and Gregorio del Pilar. (C)
BACSIL RIDGE, San Fernando
- Last bastion of retreating Japanese Army in the province. (D)
BARORO BRIDGE MARKER, Bacnotan
- Marks the first victory by the Luzon Guerillas over a Japanese armed unit before the American Liberation Forces landed in Luzon. (D)
LUNA WATCHTOWER, Luna
- Built during pre- Spanish times as a strategic lookout point for impending attack by pirates. (A)
MUSEO DE ILOKO, Agoo
- Houses artifacts and other pieces of cultural importance to the Ilocanos. (A/B)
TOMB OF THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER, Poro Point Junction
- Built as a tribute to the heroism of the soldiers who fought in World War 11. (D)
USAFIP, NL MILITARY SHRINE AND PARK, Luna
- Formerly Camp Spencer, General Headquarters of USAFIP, NL. (D)
BONUAN BLUE BEACH, Dagupan
- One of the landing sites of the Liberation Forces on January 9, 1945, the beach features a Japanese Park, the Tondaligan Park and the MacArthur Landing Marker. (D)
HOME ECONOMICS BUILDING, West Central Elementary School, Dagupan -the official headquarters of General MacAdhur. (D)
LIMAHONG CHANNEL, Lingayen, Pangasinan
- Dug by the Chinese corsair Limahong to escape his Spanish pursuers. (B)
LINGAYEN GULF WAR MEMORIAL, Lingayen
- A collection of relics on display at the Provincial Capital Park. (D)
LINGAYEN PUBLIC BEACH
- One of the landing areas of American Forces on January 9, 1945, paving the way for the liberation of Northern Luzon. (D)
OLD ST. JOHN'S CATHEDRAL, Dagupan
- Surrender site of Spanish General Caballos to Filipino military strategist, General Francisco Makabulos. (C)
VILLA VERDE TRAIL, San Nicolas
- The Red Arrow Monument marcs where U.S. Forces saw action in pursuit of the retreating Japanese. (D)
WHITE BEACH, San Fabian
- The landing point of Lt.General Homma, Commander of the Japanese ImperialExpeditionary Forces on December 24, 1941. (D)
CHURCHES AND RELIGIOUS SHRINES
- Built of coral blocks and stucco plastered bricks, the church is a unique combination of Gothic, Baroqueand Oriental designs.
ST. WILLIAM'S CATHEDRAL, Laoag
- Built by the Augustinians in Italian Renaissance design in 1612.
STA. MONICA CHURCH, Sarrat
- Century-old church of Nee-classical and Baroque architecture.
ARCHBISHOP'S PALACE, Vigan
- Finished in 1793, ' the palace has a collection of priceless, ecclesiastical artifacts and relics from other Ilocos churches.
- Features Baroque and Gothic influenced architecture.
- Contains a 17th Century image of the Black Nazarene, found floating in a sealed casket along the coast of Sinait.
ST. PAUL'S METROPOLITAN CATHEDRAL, Vigan
– A massive structure built by the Augustinians in distinctive Baroque architecture.
SANTA LUCIA CHURCH
- The object of devotees who flocked the church is the Dark virgin of Santa Lucia, said to be miraculous.
AGOO APPARITION SITE
- Highly publicized divine visitations of the Virgin Mary have established Agoo as a destination of Marian devotees.
SHRINE OF OUR LADY OF CHARITY, Agoo
- The Agoo Basilica enshrines the miraculous image of Our Lady of Charity.
SHRINE OF OUR LADY OF NAMACPACAN, Luna
- The century-old church of St. Catherine in Luna houses the miraculous image of Our Lady of Namacpacan, patroness of Ilocano travelers.
Macho TEMPLE, San Fernando
- Striking evidence of strong Chinese influence in the provincial capital.
CHURCH OF streamed FORTRESS, Bolinao
- Built by the Augustinians in 1609, it features wooden statues, an antique altar grinning Aztec visages.
REDEEMER'S CROSS, Bani
- Stands on Calvary Hill, overlooking the South China Sea.
SANCTUARIO DEL senor DIVINO TESORO, Caucasian
- An enshrined statue of Christ, which draws devotees from outside the province.
SHRINE OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPCION, Rosales
- Has gained prominence as a pilgrimage site because of well-documented apparitions.
SHRINE OF THE NUESTA SENORA DE MANAOAG
- the shrine of the Apo baket is believed to be miraculous.