PHILIPPINE HISTORICAL SITES
RADIWAN POINT, Ivana Seaport
- Site of the landing by Philippine Independence fighters on September 18, 1889. (C)
- Ruins of a village, which was destroyed by a tidal wave in the 1950's. (E)
CAGAYAN PROVINCIAL MUSEUM, Tuguegarao
- An extensive collection of artifacts of the province and fossils of prehistoric animals. (A)
AGUINALDO SHRINE, Palanan
- General Aguinaldo was captured here in 1901 by American Forces, thus ending the Philippine Revolution. (C)
DALTON PASS SHRINE, Santa Fe
- A strategic mountain pass which was the site of a major battle during World War 11. (D)
KIRANG PASS, Aritao
- Has a monument erected by the Japanese to commemorate the gallantry of soldiers on both sides. (D)
- The town is named after rebel priest, Father Gregorio Aglipay, who settled there. (C)
CHURCHES AND RELIGIOUS SHRINES
SAN CARLOS BORROMEO CHURCH AND CONVENT, Basco
- Completed in 1789 and still retains its centuries-old features.
SAN JOSE CHURCH, Ivana
- Built in 1814, the church features a crenellated, fortress-like bell tower.
MIRACULOUS LADY OF PIAT
- A four centuries-old image of Mary broughtfrom Macao by Dominican Friars. The Basilica Minore is a declared National Shrine and a world-renowned pilgrimage spot.
SAN JACINTO DE POLONIA PARISH, Camalaniugan
-The church contains the oldest bell in the Far East, forged in 1595.
ST. HYACINTH CHURCH, Tuguegarao
- Features an elevated chape', its construction dates back to 1604.
ST. PETER AND PAUL'S CATHEDRAL, Tuguegarao
- Built in 1767, the church has been restored after ; suffering massive damage in World War 11.
GUIBANG CHURCH, Gamu
- Houses the Miraculous Lady of the Visitation of Guibang.
PARISH CHURCH OF ST. MATHIAS, Tumauini
– An ultra-Baroque church, unique for extensive use of baked clay, both for wall finishing and ornamentation.
SAN PABLO CHURCH, San Pablo
- Built in 1625, it features the tallest bell tower in the Cagayan Valley.
N U EVA VIZCAYA
DUPAX DEL SUR CHURCH
- Made of brick, lime, coral, river rockaby woo ad and plastered with stucco.
ST. DOMINIC CATHEDRAL, Bayombong
- Razed twice and rebuilt, the cathedral maintains the original 18th Century Spanish-style facade.