PHILIPPINE HISTORICAL SITES
ZAMBOANGA DEL NORTE
MINDANAO RELIEF MAP, Dapitan
- Situated in the city plaza, the map was made by Dr. Rizal as a teaching aid. (C)
RIZAL SHRINE, Dapitan
- The original estate purchased by Dr. Rizal during his exile from 1892 to 1896. Contains a number of historic structures and a collection of Rizal memorabilia. (C)
FORT PILAR, Zamboanga
- Built in 1635 to repel foreigners and Moros, the historic fort now contains a museum. (B)
CHURCHES AND RELIGIOUS SHRINES
ST. JAMES CHURCH AND CATHOLIC RECTORY, Dapitan City
- The old Spanish masonary and architecture are still recognizable.
3003 STEPS TO LINABO PEAK, Dipolog City
- Fourteen Stations of the Cross punctuate the route to the summit.
HOLY ROSARYCATHEDRAL, Dipolog City
- Erected in 1895, the altar was designed by Dr. Jose Rizal.