Tectonic 7.2 magnitude earthquake
Bohol, Cebu, other parts of Visayas and Mindanao
October 15, 2013, 8:12 a.m., Tuesday morning
2 to 5km southeast of Carmen
Depth: 33 km
tremor lasted for a minute
aftershock recorded by Phivolcs as of 11 a.m. - 110
strongest aftershock: 4.5 at 9:55 a.m.
Intensity 6 - Hinigaran, negros Occidental
Intensity 5 - Iloilo City
Intensity 4 - Masbate City
Intensity 3 - parts of Davao City, provinces of Lanao del Norte, Misamis Occidental Misamis Oriental, Zamboanga del Norte, Cagayan de Oro City
Major structures that were destroyed were:
1. 17th century stone in Loboc town that is located southwest of Carmen
2. old churches (Spanish colonial period)
3. Bell tower of Santo Nino Church in Cebu (centries old)
4. Pier in Tagbilaran
5. Pasil Fish Port Cebu City
6. Cebu Doctor's University Hospital
7. Baclayon Church
8. Gaisano Country Mall
9. San Pedro Church, Loboc, Bohol
10. Loon Church Bohol
11. Pamosong Loboc Church Bohol
12. 400 year old tower in Bohol
Other Effects of the 7.2 earthquake (October 15, 2013):
1. Passenger flights to and from Visayas were also put on hold/suspended/cancelled.
2. all classes in public and private schools in Cebu, Bohol and Dumaguete City are suspended until Wednesday.
3. 20 dead as of October 15, 2013, 1:00 p.m.